Terms & Conditions
By renting tents and furnishings from Nature’s Compass (hereinafter “the supplier”, “we”) you (hereinafter “the Renter”) agree to pay any and all rental rates and charges accrued for the period between setup (“setup date”) of the equipment through the time of tear down (“take down date”) of said equipment to Nature’s Compass per the payment terms outlined in the next section.
Making a Reservation
To confirm a reservation we require the following information:
- Customer’s Name or Business Name
- Driver’s Licence
- Customer’s Mailing Address
- Contact Phone Number
- Campsite Number, Reservation Number, Campsite Address
- A valid credit card number on file
- Signed Contract
- A non-refundable down-payment of 100%
Payment is due at time of booking to confirm rental from Nature’s Compass. We accept cheques, e-transfers, or credit cards (Visa & Mastercard only).
Cancellations made within 24 hours of your scheduled delivery date are 100% non-refundable and cannot be moved to a new date.
Cancellations can be made up to 1 day prior to scheduled setup date but will receive a 50% cancellation fee. The other 50% can be used as a credit for a future date to be confirmed by renter based on Nature’s Compass availability. Funds will be held with Nature’s Compass.
Cancellations made 2 weeks prior to scheduled setup date are non-refundable but a credit is given for a future date to be confirmed by the renter based on Nature’s Compass availability. Funds will be held with Nature’s Compass.
Order Change Policy
Changes to orders must be made more than 24 hours in advance to scheduled delivery date and are subject to availability. The full payment is non-refundable so deductions to orders will be given as a credit for a future date to be confirmed by renter based on Nature’s Compass availability.
The rental rate is based on per night.
For Algonquin Park and other Provincial Parks where the check-in time is 2 pm and check-out time is 2 pm, then Nature’s Compass will follow these times and will have your setup completed by 4 pm on the check-in date and the renter is required to have Nature’s Compass rental products ready for pick-up by Noon on their check-out date.
The Renter is required to have all of Nature’s Compass products returned as they were delivered (and all of the renters personal items and garbage removed) and the parking space at the campsite must be left open for Nature’s Compass to use.
Delivery fees are calculated based on mileage/staff time from Nature’s Compass’s Warehouse to the event/campground address.
- The Renter is responsible for reviewing the rental contract to ensure the accuracy of the items rented. Nature’s Compass is not responsible for items assumed or not existing on the most recent contract.
- The Renter is responsible for all rental products from the time of delivery to pick-up by Nature’s Compass.
- The drop-off location must be unobstructed, level and will be within 25 feet from the delivery vehicles parking location. Nature’s Compass reserves the rights to refuse unsafe delivery conditions. We do not service backcountry campsites.
- Upon delivery, we insist the Renter or authorized representative of the renter has given detailed instructions of location that the tent needs to be pitched.
- If the renter or authorized representative has not given details and decided on the final placement and configuration then we will use our best judgement.
- Nature’s Compass will make the best effort to deliver and setup following requested times. However, this is subject to traffic, weather, unexpected events and other events beyond their control.
We will set up all rental products so that they are ready for you upon your arrival.
Site Preparation Policy – Private Property
If the Renter is using our services on a private property then the Renter must ensure the site is ready for Nature’s Compass to arrive and setup, the ground must be “peg friendly” as discussed before contract signed.
- The Renter must ensure that there is two metres clearance around the entire perimeter of each footprint cleared for each tent. Nature’s Compass may address concerns if area is deemed not suitable.
- The Renter is responsible for marking where all water lines, gas lines, and other utilities are located prior to Nature’s Compass arrival on site. Nature’s Compass is not responsible for any damages to such utilities and is to be fully indemnified by the Renter regarding any claim by a third party in this regard.
If the Renter is renting a campsite then the Renter must provide Nature’s Compass with a copy of their reservation confirming the following details to ensure their order is ready for delivery:
- Campground Name
- Campground Address
- Campground Phone Number
- Campsite Number
- Reservation Number
- Reservation Dates (Check-in and Check-out)
Weather & Natural Disasters
- Tents are temporary structures designed to handle most normal weather conditions. However, there may be weather conditions that become unsafe such as during high winds or lightning storms. Evacuation of tents is recommended in these or any other unsafe conditions.
- The tent is not engineered for severe storm conditions.
- Nature’s Compass reserves the right to abort setup or take down early if weather or natural disasters dictate that it would be unsafe for clients or our staff. This also applies if we feel the tent or equipment are likely to be damaged. The decision will be entirely at our discretion and refunds will not be provided. Examples include but are not limited to: forest fires, flooding, high winds, lightning, etc.
- The Renter agrees to return the equipment and furnishings at the end of the rental period.
- All Renters personal items must be out of the tent prior to scheduled take down day/time.
- The Renter agrees to return all items in the same condition in which they were delivered.
- If the equipment or furnishings become damaged during the rental period and repairs are required, the Renter agrees to compensate Nature’s Compass for the repairs at the price prevailing for Nature’s Compass to make these repairs or restock inventory. Charges for item(s) are not considered a purchase of said item(s) and the Renter does not have the right to keep the damaged item(s)
- If extra cleaning is required a minimum charge of $100 per tent could apply. If the tent or furnishing item(s) cannot be cleaned the Renter agrees to pay the replacement cost.
Unused Rental Equipment
Rental items are charged for time out, not for use. Every item that leaves our building is treated the same way upon return, used or not. This ensures that every item you receive is clean, sanitized, and food safe. No refunds are given for items that were not used.
- The Renter must ensure that they purchase or land owners maintain insurance for the following, loss of equipment by fire, damage or theft. Please verify that the land owners or renters insurance policy cover temporary equipment on site.
- Nature’s Compass cannot be held liable and is not responsible for loss or damage to property of any clients’ renters or other guests.
No equipment or furnishings may be rented or sublet by the Renter, nor shall the Renter assign or transfer any interest in this agreement without written or verbal consent of Nature’s Compass.